Update: May 15, 2018
Welcome to TheFans ("TheFans," "we," "us" or "our"). TheFans provides a fast, beautiful and fun way for you
to share media through our content-sharing platform. Just snap a photo and share!
protect information in relation to our mobile services, web site, and any software provided on or in
connection with TheFans services (collectively, the "Service"), and your choices about the collection
and use of your information.
- By using our Service you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to post content,
including photos and other materials ("User Content"), to the Service and to share User Content
publicly. This means that other Users may search for, see, use, or share any of your User Content that
you make publicly available through the Service, consistent with the terms and conditions of this
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a TheFans account or any data you share
from facebook.com or google.com.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, etc).
This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on TheFans.
- User Content (e.g., photos, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and TheFans. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g.,
account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note
that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your friends on TheFans:
- If you choose, you can use our "Find friends" feature to locate other people with TheFans accounts
either through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites or (iii) through a search of
names and usernames on TheFans.
- If you choose to find your friends through (i) your device's contacts list, then TheFans will access
your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using TheFans.
- If you choose to find your friends through a (ii) third-party social media site, then you will be
prompted to set up a link to the third-party service and you understand that any information that such
- If you choose to find your friends (iii) through a search of names or usernames on TheFans then simply
type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
- Note about "Invite Friends" feature: If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our "Invite
friends" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text
or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges
that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from
your personal account, TheFans does not have access to or control this communication.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These
tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit,
add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this
analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used
to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
local storage to collect information about how you use TheFans and provide features to you.
or similar technologies placed by us or the third party.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access
(i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is
downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your
web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of
clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and
other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then
help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows
for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect,
monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device
identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile
device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection
with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other
software, or data sent to the device by TheFans.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and
use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features
of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can
describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark
keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other
data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your
photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the
photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in
accordance with your privacy settings.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
information that we receive to:
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other
forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the TheFans application on your device
- TheFans or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the
Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag
or geotag) associated with that Event.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside TheFans (or the group of companies of
which TheFans is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies,
log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of
the same group of companies that TheFans is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates").
Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by
providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more
relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device
identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you
("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably
necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This
information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements
that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may
also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you
and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- All the information that is uploaded on TheFans is made public.
- Subject to your profile and any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and
subject to use under our TheFans API. The use of the TheFans API is subject to the terms of this Privacy
What happens in the event of a change of control:
- If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of TheFans or our assets to another organisation
(e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation),
your information such as name and email address, User Content and any other information collected
through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own your User
- Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search
warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This
may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United Kingdom where we have
a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that
jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve
and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address
fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of
investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be
accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal
request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of
our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any
other country in which TheFans, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- TheFans, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you,
including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries
or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws
governing data collection and use that may differ from U.K. law, please note that we may transfer
information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same
data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- By registering for and using the Service you consent to the transfer of information to the U.K. or to
any other country in which TheFans, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities and the use
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service
secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before
granting you access to your account. However, TheFans cannot ensure the security of any information you
transmit to TheFans or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed,
altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password
and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and TheFans, at all times.
Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to TheFans
make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of
any other organisation.
5. HOW TO ACCESS, UPDATES AND MANAGE YOUR INFORMATION
Information We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Use Our App From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information TheFans receives about you from a third-party application where you use our app,
like Facebook, you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your
information and changing your privacy settings. The privacy management tools for applications on Facebook
can be found here. To review and update information associated with your TheFans app profile, visit the
“settings” page in that app. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting
the “settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or “app.”
Once TheFans receives your information from a third-party application or your mobile device, that information
information as described below.
Accessing and Updating Your Information Held by TheFans
If you want to review, delete, or change the information TheFans has about you or have additional questions,
e-mail us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within thirty days.
Stopping Use of Your Information
If you no longer want TheFans to make active use of your information, you may send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Place "Delete My Account" in the subject line and include your first name, last name,
e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if
applicable) in the body of the e-mail (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request
within thirty days. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer
service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted
content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it.
Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available
to us by visiting your mobile device's settings for the relevant application or the “settings” page for the
Opting Out of Ongoing Collection of Information About Non-TheFans App You Have On Your Device
To the extent that our app is collecting information about non-TheFans app you have on your device, the app
will provide you with an option to stop making that information available to us in the “settings” page for
the relevant app.
Opting Out of Promotional Emails from TheFans
If you want to stop receiving promotional e-mails from TheFans, click on the "unsubscribe" link in any
promotional email from TheFans. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional
period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be
processed promptly, and in no event longer than ten business days.
Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type
of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools
available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you
can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because TheFans
cookies are necessary to track and enhance your app activities.
6. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such
communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account
verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service,
technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
Following termination or deactivation of your account, TheFans, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may
retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time
for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
7. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
TheFans does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly
allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children
under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child
under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you
believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at
8. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Service,
including the information or content contained within them. Please remember that when you use a link to go
websites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those
that have a link on our website, are subject to that third party's own rules and policies. In addition, you
agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to
access your User Content. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access
your User Content you do so at your own risk.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of an TheFans User, please contact us at: email@example.com. We will usually
conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the
email address you have provided in your request.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
11. CONTENT REPORTS
If you see offending content in the "TheFans" app you can report any photo and our team will act within 24
hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content.
provide you additional forms of notice of modifications or updates as appropriate under the circumstances.
your acceptance of such modification.